Being discussed about this topic today with some friends. What "exactly man mean to you" or in short, man vs boy. If you are a woman and you seek a man, then its simple. Stop chasing the boys.
But for most males, they don't really know the difference between a boy and a man. Sad to be truth, not every boy becomes a man even they turn 30. Now, this has nothing to do with the actual age of a person. I'm referring to maturity, life vision and stage of life. If fact, some people regardless of their age, they still never really grow up. Even they turn 40, some but still act like a child/boy. They keep telling people they are independent enough, but they never know what exactly a real man means to be.
For myself, a real man should be have at least few of below. FYI, this is just my point of view, what I think a real man must have. Not necessary apply to every girl outside there.
1) A man will own up to his mistakes. A boy will make excuses for them. A real man always admit his own mistakes and at the end will still smile at you.
2) A man always have a plan for his future and working towards it. While boy lives only in the moment and spend all his money chasing his favourite stuff and current trend.
3) A man has integrity. He means what he says, and says what he means. A boy only know makes promises he knows he cannot keep.
4) A man prefer woman with intelligence, smart and shared set of values. A boy only cares mostly for girls who are hot, wild and exciting.
5) A boy plays games. A man doesn't. I really love someone who do reading at night. I refer to books that increase knowledge not comic or story book. A guy who always take an opportunity to learn and increase their knowledge for his career is very charming. A boy is someone who only play video/mobile games every night.
6) A man knows how to have good time and be social. A boy only busy with his buddies at the bar every weekend.
Bonus: A real man never stops trying to show his woman how much she means to him even after he's got her!
A man must know when to act like a boy sometimes. But a boy shouldn't act like man if you are not. Sad to be truth, not much real man outside now.